I love Canyon Lake! I can help you find yoru retirement home, your vacation home, a home to raise children or a home to live, relax and play!! Email me and I will send you email updates on homes that come on the market, with no obligation!
Canyon Lake is a unique gated community in Riverside County, California located just 45 minutes from Orange County. It is one of only five gated cities in California, Canyon Lake, 92587, began as a master-planned community developed by Corona Land Company in 1968. The Lake originally was formed in 1927 after Railroad Canyon Dam was built. It covers 383 acres and has 14.9 miles of shoreline.
Canyon Lake is both a city and a corporation of property owners. The city is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of its residents, including police and fire protection, waste management, animal control and maintenance of public roads, such as Railroad Canyon and Goetz Roads. The Property Owners Association is responsible for the operation of activities within the gates, including rules and regulations, architectural guidelines, maintenance of private streets and amenities, and security.
Canyon Lake Property Owners Association consists of 4800 custom built homes and lots.
- Tennis courts, numerous parks and beaches, a campground and other amenities that cater virtually any kind of activity that sun and water can provide.
- A well-manicured par-71, 5,868-yard 18 hole private golf course that offers all the challenges any longer course might have. The picturesque, tree-lined, 75-acre course has reachable greens and trimmed fairways and could appear at first to be a low-score paradise for golfers. However, its uphill, downhill and sideways lies make the course more imposing and challenging. On the golf course is our Country Club Restaurant overlooking the greens.
- An Equestrian Center that features a barn with 17 stalls and community room where horse owners can gather for meetings or socialize. There are outside pipe corrals with covered breezeways. The facility includes a show-riding arena, a jump arena, turn out arena, a hot walker, and double wash rack. The center also has a covered patio with picnic tables and access to riding trails.
- A newly constructed lodge facility with a lake front restaurant, meeting rooms and performance stage. Plus a state of the art swimming facility on the premises.
- 7 ½ acre private Campground with 90 campsites. All sites have level pads. 37 sites have complete hook-ups for water, sewer, electric, and TV and 53 sites have water and electric. There are complete facilities with showers, restrooms, washers, dryers, and ice. The camp has 5 docks that can hold 45 boats. There is a 350 feet long beach for swimming. The Campground also includes swings, horseshoe pits, and a volleyball court.
Most Canyon Lake homes sit on the shores of the lake. Residences in Canyon Lake range from unique executive custom beauties to affordable family homes. The community’s 11,000 residents find many of the services they require right across the street from the main gate in the neighboring office/retail center. There you will find such service-related businesses as accountants, attorneys and doctors, as well as a market, dry cleaner, several restaurants and retail stores. City Hall and the Property Owners Association offices are located in the same area. Other businesses can be found near the East gate, where there are gasoline pumps, a mini-market and several services businesses.
Whether looking for a place to retire, have a vacation home, or raise a family, Canyon Lake is an ideal community!